Marseille Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Les Baux de Provence
4 hr, 30 min
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Les Baux de Provence, Les Baux de Provence, Bouches-du-Rhone, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Free time to discover this medieval village built on a rocky spur.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Alpilles, 13210 Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France
Spend your private shore excursion in the Alpilles mountain area
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Moulin CastelaS, 13520 Les Baux-de-Provence, France
Enjoy an olive oil tasting
Duration: 45 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If your ship has to leave at 4pm or earlier the departure time of the tour might need to be amended. You will be emailed by the local supplier to inform you of any changes if necessary
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wait at the exit of the ship/cruise terminal, do not start to walk on the port area.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Beautiful experience tour guide was excellent, very friendly and professional. Highly recommended!
Pros: Les Baux is a great little town cut into a rocky mountain top. Many unique shops and restaurants to choose from for some souvenirs or a bite to eat. Tour involves walking on cobblestone streets and has many steps. On the way you drive through the beautiful French countryside along the same tree lined roads Napoleon's army marched down and that are used in the Tour de France. You will also see many grape vines and olive trees that produce some of the finest wines and olive oils on the planet.
Van was comfortable with air conditioning and large enough for up to eight people. The driver met us on time at the ship and took us back to the ship four and a half hours later. We did stop for a short time at an olive plantation to taste some of the local olive oils they produced.
Cons: Ride to Les Baux was about an hour and fifteen minutes each way not leaving a lot of time in the town. Guide was just a driver not really a guide and did not speak as much English as we would have liked.
Excellent excursion to Les Beaux.... the village was gorgeous. The van was perfect and our very professional guide explained us everything.
This excursion was very interesting, a bit short but interesting. Word of wisdom, if you want to stay longer at one place instead of going to the next, private tour of course, be insistent, otherwise you will not be heard. We were disappointed in the short amount of time allowed to visit Les Baux de Provence a charming and historic location. The olive oil attraction was not hot on our list we would have gladly skipped it for more time at Les Baux de Provence.
This was one of our very favorite tours on our 19 day vacation!! The drive to the village was absolutely gorgeous and Florence, our guide gave us many opportunities to take pictures as she shared information about the trip. Once we arrived, the village was AMAZING! We strolled up to the top and back down we did not hike to the castle, but it looked gorgeous. The shops were amazing! Truly a lovely experience with a great guide!