3-Day Yosemite Camping Adventure from San Francisco
After leaving San Francisco in your air-conditioned minivan, travel across California's Central Valley and through the old gold country into the mountains. Before reaching Yosemite, you will stop for a pleasant hike in the shade of the giant sequoia trees, some of which date back more than a thousand years. Then descend to the most photographed part of Yosemite, which was so revered by American photographer and environmentalist Ansel Adams. After some free time in Yosemite Valley, head for the campsite to set up tents and have a relaxing drink (drinks not... Read More
After leaving San Francisco in your air-conditioned minivan, travel across California's Central Valley and through the old gold country into the mountains. Before reaching Yosemite, you will stop for a pleasant hike in the shade of the giant sequoia trees, some of which date back more than a thousand years. Then descend to the most photographed part of Yosemite, which was so revered by American photographer and environmentalist Ansel Adams. After some free time in Yosemite Valley, head for the campsite to set up tents and have a relaxing drink (drinks not included).
Day 2: Yosemite National Park (B, L, D)
Today, you'll enjoy a full day of hiking, sightseeing and exploring Yosemite's stunningly beautiful High Country. See such iconic sights such as Yosemite Falls, Half Dome and Tunnel View. Take a gentle stroll to May Lake, a picturesque High Sierra lake, and head onward to Mt Hoffman (snow conditions depending) and take in the 360-degree view of the surrounding mountain landscape. At the end of the day, head back to camp for dinner and time to unwind by the campfire.
Day 3: Yosemite National Park – San Francisco (B, L)
Today is a free day, with your itinerary based on the interests of the group. Choose from a number of great hikes, rent a bike or simply relax in the shade by the emerald-green Merced River. In May, June and early July, you also have the option of joining a whitewater rafting trip on the Merced River (additional fee, and dependent on conditions). After a full day in the great outdoors, head back to San Francisco, refreshed and revitalized from your trip to Yosemite National Park. Read Less
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children 17 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours are arranged on a demand basis and require a minimum of 5 passengers to guarantee departure
- Important: Please note if you need a sleeping bag and any dietary requirements in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
- Camping is easy, but cooperation is important. Don't worry if you've never camped before; many people haven't. You will be supplied with all the camping equipment necessary for a trip of this nature, using quality tents, camping and cooking equipment. Everybody is expected to participate in setting up and breaking down the camp, and the professional guides are available to attend to your needs to ensure a positive camping experience. We camp at the best campsites, with hot showers and modern facilities. Swimming is available nearby. During booking, please note if you will need a sleeping bag
- We use 4-person tents but only have two people in each. In the case of odd numbers in your party, there is a chance you will be paired with another person of the same gender from a different party.
- You will be provided with the food, but not the chefs. You guys are the cooks, waiters, dishwashers and, of course, the guests. On leaving the city, we stop at a supermarket and buy everything we need. The fare is a mixture of chicken, beef and vegetarian, all-you-can-eat and very tasty. Most people eat better with us than they have done previously on their travels. Please inform us of any dietary requirements/concerns at the time of booking.
- Tour operator uses comfortable 15-passenger vans with dual air-conditioning and stereo sound. Our vans are fueled by biodiesel, a vegetable oil-based diesel fuel, to promote green business. All of the vans have large roof racks for your luggage and the camping equipment.
- What to bring
- On your journeys, you will need sneakers or hiking boots, shorts, T-shirts, swimwear, sun protection, a water bottle, flashlight and something warmer in case there is a change in weather.
- June through September in Yosemite is hot and sunny with occasional afternoon showers. May and October days are warm with cooler nights. As with all mountain environments, weather can vary quickly, so a layer of warm clothing is a good idea.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
We are a family from Canada, and we love Yosemite so much! The meals they served were great, a lot better then I was expecting, our tour guide was nice. If you like tours that are a mix between free time and guided tour then you'll like this one. We got a lot of free time to hike the mist and Muir trail. Over all great time!
Went on the 3 day camping and hiking trip to Yosemite with Dan as our tour guide, Dan was very friendly, great company and made me and my daughter feel at ease. I am not a very fast walker I have Achilles Tendonitis in my foot and Dan was very understanding that I was unable to walk as fast as most people and kept a eye on me to make sure that I was ok but also gave me space to walk at my own pace. I really enjoyed the weekend. Yosemite is beautiful.
Just returned from this three day trip and we are all completely shattered. It was a fantastic 3 days and Jill our guided could not do enough for us. She worked solidly to ensure that everyone in the group was catered for in every respect.
A very busy and packed three days, There is no way we would have experienced everything the park has to offer without our guide.
We had some reservations when booking this trip and struggled in deciding what to pack. We should not have worried. The company provided a comfortable mini bus with a full box trailer so we could if necessary take a full suitcase and loaded our pack packs as required.
The whole trip was absolutely fabulous.
My tour guide was a constant source of info and her patience endless. She had to deal with a few issues of people being quite late, others having a bad fall in the slippery hiking conditions and some unnecessarily winy passengers but managed it all so well. It really kept spirits high. Yosemite is the prettiest place I've ever been too. Would highly recommend this company and this trip.
Great experience camping and hiking Yosemite. Everything was well planned . Highly recommended ! Will do it again soon :-) Thank you!