Amalfi Coast Excursion from Salerno
Next, stop in Amalfi for around one hour. Stroll through the streets during some free time. Visit the Cathedral of St. Andrew or enjoy a boat ride along the coast of the town, if you wish. From the water, you will get an excellent vantage point to take photos of the cliffs and to discover the history of the many private villas nestled in the rocks.
Finally, head to Ravello, a small village anchored on the highest hill of the coast. Spend approximately one hour here--do not miss the visit of Villa Rufolo and Villa Cimbrone, two breathtaking examples of the rich architectural heritage of this area. The tour last 8 hours, dependent on traffic, and ends at 5pm with drop-off at the cruise port.
Traveler pickup is offered
- Cruise Terminal - Stazione Marittima
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is only available for cruise ship passengers
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum of 6 per tour is required to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
The trip was fantastic. Mariangela and our wonderful driver Pasqualle couldn't have been better! We were not able to reach our departure point so they came to pick us up and we had day that we'll never forget. How Pasqualle was able to safely transport us on that road I'll never know! It was a truly amazing day and we made some wonderful family memories!!
Our tour guide was very ineffectual. When first on the bus, she said virtually nothing for the first 30 minutes.
For the rest of the tour, her commentary was very limited, other than telling us where to go and where to meet again.
It’s a wonderful place and our guide did it justice with her descriptions. The lunch was great. We had a terrific experience and it was worth the cost
This was an amazing day. Best because we were part of a very small group - 6 of us all together. Our guide Anna was fabulous and was so organised that she managed to arrange an additional side tour for a very small additional cost of 12€ each on a boat at Amalfi which was great because we got both land and sea perspectives of this amazing coast. We can fully reckoned this tour! Thank you Anna for a wonderful day and for seeing the magical effect of the kissing elephants!!!!!
What a great excursion. This Amalfi tour was one of the highlights of our cruise. The guide and her driver were ready for us as soon as left the ship in Sorrento. The nice thing about this tour was that it was a small van (15 people) so navigating was easier than a large bus. As the driver concentrated on driving our guide described the areas along the coast we visited. she was very knowledgeable and seemed genuinely enthused to be along for the ride. We stooped every 30 -45 minutes which gave us stretching time and there was always something to see and learn about.
A stop to the lemonciello factory was a restroom break as well as gift stop. but well worth it! Once we reached our lunch location we dined with the others at tables of 4 and it was very relaxing and not rushed at all. If we were to ding this tour on anything it would be the somewhat small lunch of pasta and salad but the quality and taste was great. we just wanted MORE!
Once on the road again, we began our return via a different route so it was never the same thing twice. Our final stop in Ravello was beautiful with its open piazza and high altitude viewing. Each stop was well timed to use the restroom, shop or take selfies.
again, the size of our van was perfect to navigate the sometimes 1 1/2 lane winding roads. Our driver was a magician! We were dropped off a stones through from the ship and our guide even shared her email address with us to share the group photo she had taken earlier with the entire Naples/ Sorrento valley behind us.
Highly recommend this tour for couples, families or even a solo trip.