Lava Tubes and Volcanoes - Geopark Adventure
Drive through the Moon like 900 year old lava field and into the heart of the volcanic system Trölladyngja or Trolls mountain. Pass by the Black Lake Kleifarvatn and it's unique volcanic rock formations to stop and enjoy one of Iceland's most colorful geothermal sites Krýsuvík. Top the day off with a thrilling lava tube exploration...
Drive through the Moon like 900 year old lava field and into the heart of the volcanic system Trölladyngja or Trolls mountain. Pass by the Black Lake Kleifarvatn and it's unique volcanic rock formations to stop and enjoy one of Iceland's most colorful geothermal sites Krýsuvík. Top the day off with a thrilling lava tube exploration in the 2000 year old cave Leiðarendi (End of Journey Cave).
We like our caving tours to be an adventure blended with some physical activity and the lava tube Leiðarendi is a perfect example of a lava tube cave that gives a relatively easy access to the inside of the lava with its pristine and natural forms and colors, this is one of few accessible caves around Reykjavik that gives an opportunity to fully experience an all natural lava tube with no wooden pathways and no lights except what you have on your helmet.
All our lava tube caving & Volcano tours are guided by highly qualified guides and you are equipped with top quality caving helmets & headlamps for the best experience.
Traveler pickup is offered
- Bus Stop #2 Tjörnin The Pond, 101, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus Stop #9 Snorrabraut, Snorrabraut 24, 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus Stop #12 Höfðatorg, Þórunnartún 6, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus Stop #3 Lækjargata, Lækjargata 4, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Bus Stop #1 Ráðhús City Hall, Vonarstræti 10, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for child aged 5 and under
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Great view of the geo-thermal area with a walk upto the open geysers... Great views from the top of the hills... The lava cave is quite amazing, not your typical cave that you can walk in an out, there are some areas where you have crawl as well... Our guide Kommi was outstanding, talked us through a lot of the detail of the region... Well done Basecamp Iceland
This was a real cave; not man made(no steps all uneven rocks). This tour is not for people who aren't steady on their feet or fully capable!
Awesome tour; the guide knew what he was talking about and was very helpful.
Kommi was the best guide, so knowledgeable about Iceland's history and he took us to the most beautiful locations. The volcano and caving were the best part of our trip to Iceland. We were a group of 2, it was so personalized, a great experience.
A great 1/2 day tour into the Geopark area not far from Reykjavik and then a real caving experience inside a lava tube. Fantastic trip. We had great weather and the Geopark area looked stunning. Make sure to wear/bring appropriate clothing for crawling/planking through some sections of the lava tube as you can get wet/muddy. Our guide was great and made sure to point out every little detail which meant we came away with a great understanding of the area, its history and formation.