Mount Etna Tour at Sunset - Small Groups from Taormina
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Porta Catania di Taormina, Corso Umberto, 98039, Taormina, Sicily Italy
Tour starting point (pickups by accommodation or in agreed meeting points in Taormina available)
Stop At: Monti Sartorius, Rifugio Citelli, Linguaglossa, Sicily Italy
Area of the trekking part.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Please provide your accommodation address/hotel in the Taormina - Giardini Naxos area: we will contact you to confirm the pickup outside/nearby the hotel or at a convenient meeting point (for Castelmola, Trappitello and Letojanni we have fixed meeting points).
- Giardini Naxos
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats are available on request if specified in the booking request
- The excursion is subjected to weather conditions. If canceled due to bad weather, you will be given the option of rescheduling the activity or getting a full refund
- The tour can operated by a multi-lingual guide (French and Spanish, if specified in the booking request)
- Vegetarian and vegan options are available, please specify any dietary requirements in the booking request
- Please let us know your shoe sizes if you require hiking boots
- The trip is not recommended for participants suffering form heart diseases or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that tours in other languages (French and Spanish) can only be arranged if the request is received with adequate notice.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
The tour and guide was excellent!
Our guide, Marcello, was very knowledgeable in the geology of the volcano which was great. Overall the tour was not what we expected and seemed disorganized. Other than checking out a predetermined cave it felt like more of a freestyle tour. Just taking a road somewhere, parking and wandering around. We were on the southside of the mountain that did not offer anything in the way of a sunset, so to advertise it as a sunset tour is just not accurate.
We were brought to a dinner afterwards where we sat around for much of the time. There was just too much dead time there and should have had better pacing. I would have rather returned to the hotel than get my 5 hours or however long we were given.
Excellent tour. Paulo was wonderful. Many highlights. We would recommend it highly.
We were picked up right outside our hotel. Loved that shoes were provided, so we didn't have to carry hiking shoes for our entire Italy trip. The guide was informative, we learned a lot about Mt Etna and the surrounding towns. Our guides were personable and made the tour fun! The guides often checked in on the comfort and safety of the group. This tour included viewing 3 different areas of Mt. Etna, including a cave hard hats included. The included dinner was very good.
The tour as a whole was definitely worth the money and I would recommend to anyone who can handle some hiking!